Okay. I've been working on a song since a while back, actually... I wrote the lyrics on the same night I wrote this entry
Anyway... It's just about done. All I'm waiting for now is some seriously kicking piano tracks from my good friend Scott. As soon as I receive those, I'm all but sure they'll kick bootie, and I'll incoroporate em', but until then, I just can't hold this song in anymore.
It's nothing too great or grand, but I just feel so wonderful being able to still create music.
For those interested, 100% of this song was recorded using open source software.
- Multitracker - ardour (of course)
- Plugins - LADSPA plugins (primarily the SC4 compressor and Multiband EQ)
- MIDI - Muse Sequencer plugged into an M-Audio Delta 1010, plugged into a Roland RS-9 keyboard.
- Mastering - jamin (freakin' AWESOME program)
- and, of course, we can't forget the glue which holds it all together: JACK and the wonderful QJackctl.
- OS - gentoo Linux.
- Drums - Gretsche
- Cymbals - Paiste
- Mics - Shure SM 57s, Audix Drum mics, and an Audiotechnica AT-3525 for vocals.
A friend down the street, John Leroy played the acoustic guitar for me, and did a mighty fine job. The rest was me.
Anyway... I'd apprecate comments, both positive and negative. I know it's not superb, but I believe it's listenable.
Anyway... It'll be better when I get Scott's stuff - for sure.